Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Playing in a Couple of Challenges

I took sometime today to join in a couple of challenges.  I do like the first of the month as there are many that run the month, and, start on the 1st.  I'm there.

I am starting with a new one to me, Kat's Scrappiness September Card Challenge - Bling.  When I saw the "bling" I knew I wanted to play along as I wanted to try making an Endless Shaker card.

I started with a panel cut from Kat's Mini Slimline Double Stitched Dies.  [This is the smaller slimline, which to be honest, I really like better.  The total measurement of this mini slimline is 6 x 3.5.]  I blended on some oxide inks, and used the STAMPlorations Circle Texture Coverplate for added texture.

The HB is from Simon Says Clean Line Everyday; Believe in You. I also used the set from My Favorite Things Party Balloons [with matching dies] for the balloons, and the cute tiny bows are from Pretty Pink Posh Twine and Bows.  The bling feature of this shaker is the beautiful shaker stuffing.  I used some of Kat's Scrappiness 6mm Sparkling Clear Solid Confetti Mix, along with some colored sequins I had in my stash.  Overall, I love this card.  I will be doing this Endless Shaker Style again for sure.  I love the look.
===============================================
I went on to join in the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Once again, I was inspired to create another shaker card.
 


I started with the MFT Stitched Star Die-namics and made it a shaker portion for the card.

Since I was going with a white card base, the background needed something..... so into my stash of water colored backgrounds, and came up with this beauty, which also went with the Simon Says Sentiment Strip. I thought it paired perfectly. :)
 
Okay, that is it for my creating today.  I will tell you, I started these cards at 9:00AM this morning, and it is now 2:30pm.  Wow - long day in the stamp room.  Good thing I had a blast joining in the challenges right?
 
SIDE NOTE:  Affiliated links are used in this post at no additional charge to you for using my links, but, I can possibly make a little something.  Thanks so much.


Thanks for stopping by~

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Awesome shaker cards, Vicki! You need to do a tutorial on the edge-less shaker, it's fun!

creative lady said...

Beautiful slimline card! You nailed the bling. I love your endless shaker card! The KS double stitched slimline is one of my fav. Thanks for playing along with Kat Scrappiness Challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

There you go again with those wonderful shaker card designs. Both are so well designed and filled with bright bold colors. Great job girl!

Leslie said...

These are awesome! Loving the colors and the bling! I, too, love the mini slim - it's a great size.