Thursday, September 30, 2021

Inspired By Challenge #189 - Guestie

Today I am joining in with the Inspired By Challenge as a Guestie invited by my blogging buddy, Lisa Elton!  How fun is that?!  I sure thought so :).

There are many choices for the challenge. You can be inspired by the photos, or the sketch, or mix it all up.  While I didn't use the sketch, I was inspired by the bottom photo.  I loved the color combo, along with the fun plaid ribbon.

 
I started using the MFT All Lined Background Cling Stamp to replicate the checked ribbon and cut it down for a side border.  Since I didn't have a "basket" or "pail", I used my [so dusty] Sizzix Birdcage die, which I think worked perfectly cut out of textured silver paper.


I also used another Sizzix Leaves Die and layered those under the cage.  Lastly, I cut the bird out of a water colored panel in my stash. [He came in handy to cover up the stems of the leaves] The sentiment is from Simon Says Sentiment Strips.

That was really fun!  I have always enjoyed inspiration challenges.  Thanks so much Lisa for inviting me to play along!  Now my Followers, it's your turn!  How do the photos inspire you?  Come on over to Inspired By Challenge and join in the fun!



Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I'm so happy you let this sweet bluebird out of the cage - it was a genius stand-in for the can! and I love the plaid!
So wonderful having you join our very special day, Vicki! Your card is fabulous!
=]

Nancy said...

I was thrilled to see you joining the fun at Inspired by too! Awesome card and I adore that birdcage!

Danni Reid said...

Oh wow, that bird and home are stunning against your large leaves and design, this is so gorgeous! Thank you for "playing cards" with us this week, we are so honored to have you join us!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your die cuts are beautiful! love the mix of colors and patterns - very pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way you were inspired, Vicki! I see all of the things from the bottom photo and I also see the gray slats from the apple basket in your birdcage! Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for being my guest this week!

*Vicki* said...

I have a thing for birds and I just love this design Vicki! So gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design using those dies. I love the bird and cage dies with those backgrounds too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hello my friend! So glad you were able to join us as a guest :) so happy to see, that you are still making beautiful cards and this one is just perfect for this challenge! Love the big cage with the leaves and sweet bird along with the fun sentiment!! Hope to see one of your card soon again :) !!!

Lynn Put said...

I’m a huge bird lover so I’m really loving your card with all of it’s layers, textures and bird with cage!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! I am so glad you got that birdcage die out of hiding...and you certainly put it to good use! Thanks for playing with Lisa and us at IB this week!