Tuesday, August 17, 2021

STAMPlorations Inspiration #330

It's time for another STAMPlorations Inspiration.  Today I wanted to try the storybook coloring technique I saw online.

I went through my stamp sets and decided that Kathryn's Big Wishes and Snow Much would work perfectly.

I made a framing template and sponged on ink [after stamping and masking off the image].  

Once I was happy, I stamped on the sentiment, and adhered an additional frame over the top of the focal panel for added dimension.

I had so much fun making the first one, I went on to make a second one.

To me, the images used help to make this look more "storybook". 


Here they are both together:


That's it for me today.  You can pop on over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see what the teamies have made.  Be sure to leave a comment for the monthly prize, and if you use my code STAMPGIRLVICKID, you can save 20% off your purchase.



Thanks for stopping by~

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Love a bold coloured background Vicki and you've selected some great images to use with this technique. Vicky x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love these cards. Both are so well designed.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Your cards are so cute I love the snow man and the other with the Birthday candles.
I am now a follower of your blog, I would like it very much if you became a follower on my blog too. and Thank you for your lovely comment.
Blessings
Dottie

Lisa Elton said...

These are fantastic, Vicki! That big candle sure says happy birthday!

Leslie said...

Both of these are awesome with great images! I, too, love the storybook feel!