Friday, August 27, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #599 - Photo Inspiration Week

I love this photo inspiration challenge.  Sometimes I am inspired, other times I try to emulate the photo.  When I saw the texture on the flowers, I instantly thought of a stamp set I have.  I dug it out, and here is my card;

I will be honest.  I like the inspiration much better!  These colors are not compatible on my card [at all!].  Like ick,  plain and simple.

That said, I made another card.  A stamper has to do, what a stamper has to do!

Yeah, this one is so.much.better.!  I basically chose the color scheme, only this time, they go together!

I used Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie, along with the birthday die, and the happy is from Think Big Favorites #12.  Apparently, none of these products are available -- no surprise they are really old. :).

Your turn.  How are you inspired?  Come on over to JUGS Challenge and show us.



Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are so beautiful and well designed. Gorgeous colors.

Lisa Elton said...

One masculine, one feminine, both terrific!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both are great takes on the photo with the first looking more masculine and the second is just plain beautiful! I love the grid background with your flower arrangement and that perfectly placed and stamped happy!

Nancy said...

I agree with Sue. You now have a great masculine card and a feminine card for your stash!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... love the grid background, and the addition of the black roses was perfect to balance the card. Love it!

Ina G said...

I love how you have created two so very different cards with this weeks colours Vicki. Love the grungyness of the first one and the second one is just oh so pretty.

Claire said...

Love how you've been inspired Vicki, despite your dislike of the colours - you chose the perfect stamp set. I never even thought of changing the colour scheme!

Lisa Kind said...

Well I think both are lovely and so different! Great interpretation of the photo!

Macimbalo said...

Love your card! Using the colors so perfectly on top of that grid background is perfection!

Bobby said...

Your cards are so very different based on the same photo, Vicki. I like the first one even though you don't and the flowery one is beautiful.

Cécile RIBON said...

This bouquet is gorgeous, Vicky! I love that you added blacks roses, they give a nice modern feel to this card. The black and white grid background makes a perfect backdrop.