Friday, August 20, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #598 - Color Week

Pretty Spring colors this week.  I'm sure there will be lots of floral images :).

The other day when I went searching for some [other] images, and while looking, I came across this gorgeous floral image that again, I have had for about 20 years.  Did you know that rubber based stamps go bad?  I didn't - I do now.  While I did get this one to stamp, it went in the trash after I used it.  So brittle the rubber was coming off like dry skin! lol.  It's unfortunate since this image really is pretty.
 
To get the image stamped, I had to use Versafine Black ink - that does not go with Copics. That said, I got out my colored pencils and let them do the work.

Once colored, I used a cover plate and cut out the image.  Using Press & Seal, I adhered foam tape to the individual cuts, and laid them on the card base.  There was too much space in between the cuts, so I adhered [spray glue] the framework back in between the cuts.  It worked and I think this card is okay!

Okay, your turn.  Come over to the Just Us Girls Challenge and show us how you use the colors.


Thanks for stopping by~


15 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a beauty Vicki! Love your idea of cutting the image out with a cover die and replacing the framework looks fabulous. What a shame to have to say goodbye to such a pretty image. Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, Vicki! I like the way you die cut the flower!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... love how you broke the flower image up and reconstructed. I have never done that on a card... it is very effective!

Leslie said...

Awesome design!

Nancy said...

So creative this week, Vicki! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the idea with the cover plate! And YES!! Rubber stamps have gone bad on me too...but of course I have several 20 year old stamps too!! LOL!! Great inspiration Vicki!

Macimbalo said...

What a great design and too bad the stamp was ruined! I love the cover plate idea! Really gorgeous!

Claire said...

You're very brave using a cover plate to cut the image after you've coloured it Vicki - not sure I'd dare! Such a pretty card. I rarely use rubber stamps now, except for MFT background stamps. Good to know they deteriorate over time. I'd better start looking after them!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is a real beauty! I love how you die cut that gorgeous image and then inlaid the framework. What a labor of love. So sad that you had to say goodbye to that beautiful stamp :(

cm said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning, Vicki! I didn't realize rubber stamps would become brittle; so glad that you were able to get a print from it to create this work of art! Love this!
hugs~c

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and a great design.

Nora Noll said...

This is a really cool technique. I love the boldness of your design. Beautiful card.

Bobby said...

Therese Calvird did a similar die cut image for another challenge and it is such a cool technique, Vicki. Yours looks great with the frame nestled back in between the triangles. Beautiful coloring and inking.

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Vicki. Love that press and seal stuff. Sure makes life easy keeping everything in it's place.

Cécile RIBON said...

This card is much more than ok, Vicki! You did an amazing job die cutting the stamped image and putting it together again using foam tape.