Thursday, June 24, 2021

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Embossing Folder

 Another fun and easy challenge!  So many possibilities :)



I started by using a 3D embossing folder with a piece of colored card stock.  I then ran an embossing ink over the top and embossed with clear ink.  Surprisingly enough, I loved the way it turned out!  The entire panel was shiny - not planned on, but I really liked it.

Doesn't it look awesome? It looks wet - so fun.

I used a Spellbinders Leaf die and embossed that with some gold embossing powder.  The happy is from ?? - [if you know, feel free to let me know :).]

Yes, I am quite thrilled with the end result~
 
Your turn.  Come on over to the Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While you don't have to use the option, it does need to be a birthday card.


Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a striking card! The depth from the embossing is amazing!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the shine on the embossed panel, and the feather and sentiment complement it perfectly. Again, wow!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous design. I love the texture.

JoAnn said...

Your embossed panel is so pretty, and shiny too. Love your card.

Jeanne H said...

I tried this technique but it didn't work. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Used SU 3D and Big Shot .Thanks.

Ashwini Rao said...

Loved this one as soon as I set my eyes on it!! The shine and texture with the combination of the dual embossing is just spectacular!! Totally wow!! This one goes to my 'I wanna do this' list!! :D

Barbara said...

Whoa! Unplanned results are amazing and so shiny! I love this one.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow Vicki, I am amazed at how much dimension and texture using that clear embossing powder added! Looks great with that touch of gold too. Thanks for inviting me to be your guest this month at Seize the Birthday!

Cathy said...

The shine from the embossing looks amazing, gorgeous 3D texture and love that blue, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Absolutely brilliant is all I have to say! WOW!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, this is so striking, love that glossiness!

TaeEun said...

Wow!!! the shiny background is just stunning!

Glenda J said...

That background panel is amazing! Well done.