Thursday, January 21, 2021

Seize the Birthday Challenge

 
There are so many ways to use vellum on cards.  In my case, I like to keep it simple.

Apparently I am on an oval kick too.  I grabbed an inked panel from my stash, cut out the oval shape, and using Versafine Ink, I stamped the STAMPlorations In Bloom: Floral Bliss Trio image.  I then cut my vellum strip, and stamped PTI's Happy Birthday.  [I can not remember the last time I used Papertrey ink products!]

The nice thing about Versafine ink on vellum? It embosses beautifully!
 
Your turn!  Come on over to the Seize the Birthday Challenge and show us how you used transparency or vellum on your card!  Don't want the twist?  You can just make a birthday card~  Bottom line, have fun!


Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the vellum overly, this is lovely!

Barbara said...

I love the vellum with the design under it. Simply grand.

Sharon Underwood said...

This is beautiful! Love your use of vellum.

Leslie said...

Beautiful! You're so smart to have a stash of already-inked panels! I usually only have one or two (at the most) and use them up so I never have any extras. I guess I need to work on that! Your green is gorgeous and I love the sentiment on vellum!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Vicki. Love your pretty oval with the vellum over it.

Lindsey said...

Wow, gorgeous and classy!

Nancy said...

Love that background Vicki! Pretty card!

Cathy said...

The vellum looks wonderful over the stamped florals, love the bold black sentiment too, the vellum gives it a soft feel, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Its like the whole thing came out of a kit! Absolutely love the color, the flowers look awesome..I should consider leaving some of mine colored in a monotone! And the vellum is actually a great way to finish this card - I mean it doesn't feel like its there because you needed to use it. Totally love it!

Glenda J said...

Great watercolour panel and the sequins are the perfect accent. Lovely card.