Friday, November 6, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #561 - Word Week

For this week's challenge over at Just Us Girls, I am the Hostess.  I do love a graphic type card, and triangles say that to me!

So, this card did not turn out AT ALL what I had in mind, but ya know, I still like it.  I started with J McGuire's Laminating Stamping Techniques.  HA!  As par for my end result, it did not work like her's did.  As you can see, my ink smeared. [Yes, I "dried" it too].  That said, I rather liked that it kind of looked like snow - hence my card completely changed direction! 

I ended up using the adorable Simon Says Large Gnome Wafer again this week.  I love this guy, and how you can totally change him up just by using different papers!  A very versatile die [IMO].  Plus, he is fun!  This card has a lot going on; it's a shaker [using STAMPlorations Blue Simmer Shaker Blends], framed [with 5 layers], with added triangles, some gems, and a Lawn Fawn Simply Winter Sentiment to finish off my card.

Alrighty then - your turn!  Please come over to JUGS Challenge and play along!  I'm looking forward to seeing how you use triangles.  Have fun~



Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful gnome card design.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your modern twist with this guy! Terrific card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that adorable gnome! Fabulous design with the layered triangles. Love the interest with that background and shaker design. I also tried that technique and my ink smeared as well.

Ina G said...

Your gnome is totally adorable and I love the smudged background. Awesome triangles. Fabulous challenge Vicki.

Nancy said...

This is adorable no matter how it was planned out in your head. Love the mix of colors!

Lisa Kind said...

I love the way your background came out! So cool! I loved that technique Jennifer demonstrated too! And that gnome...love him! Great card and challenge this week!

Bobby said...

Love that gnome and that you gave him a shaker card to perch on.