Tuesday, October 6, 2020

STAMPlorations Inspirations #288

For today's STAMPloration Inspiration, I made a multi layered tag. It has been awhile since I made a tag!  My tag base is from the Stitched Tags Nesting.

I had so much fun making this tag.  I started by laying out the feather images from Feathery onto my MISTI lid, and then inked them with Distress Stains.  [I haven't used these stains in years].  They leave a lovely water colored look.  I went on the draw on some doodling of circles and lines using a couple of DIY templates I made.

To finish off my tag base, I put some stain on my worksheet, and drug the tag through the color, let it dry, and then stamped some of the feathers all over the background with black ink.

Lastly, I stamped and cut out one of the feathers, adhered it with dimensional tape to the tag base, and added on a white embossed sentiment.  I have to say, I am thrilled with how this turned out!  Plus, I used a product that had just been sitting there collecting dust!  Yay me.


For more inspiration, pop on over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see what my Teamies made.  Don't forget to leave a comment for the $15 monthly gift code prize.  Also, if you use my code STAMPGIRLVICKID, you can save 20% off your purchase!



Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous tag design. Wonderful colors too.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, so much depth and movement Vicki, this is incredible!

cghundley said...

This tag is
so pretty!
Great stamps
and colors.
Carla from Utah

Helen said...

Great tag, Vicki! The stained background works so well with these feathers. tfs-stay well.

Leslie said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Love everything about it!

Jean said...

Spectacular!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow! Lots of awesome inky layers on this fabulous tag!