Thursday, October 8, 2020

Seize the Birthday Challenge

 

For my card today, I went to Pinterest for some inspiration, and found THIS. I loved the graphic feel, along with it would use some scraps perfectly.

I pulled out some paper scraps in colors I thought would go together, and cut them with some snow bank dies, laid them out on a panel of card stock, and then cut out using a circle die. 

My happy and birthday are from an OOB company.  It is funny to me how many of my cards work for masculine birthdays.  I'm okay with that. 😀

Ok, your turn.  Come on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While scraps are optional, being a birthday card is not.  Have fun~



Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great use of your paper scraps Vicki. It is a perfect masculine card.

Barbara said...

Pinterest hey! This was worth the trip. I am inspired!

Lindsey said...

I love this bold, graphic look! And what an original way to use up some scraps!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun use of your scraps, terrific flow in your design!

Leslie said...

Very cool design, and your colors work perfectly!

Cathy said...

Fabulous design, love the mix of colours and patterns, great idea to diecut the final assembled piece too, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Fun use of your scraps Vicki! Great card for anyone!!

Ashwini Rao said...

I like the 'abstract painting'-like look on this card. But it is a lot better - since this one makes sense!! I love how you've incorporated even BnW paper here - that really makes it shine!

TaeEun said...

It'a very creative way to use scraps, Vicki! I love that you mixed the plaid patterned paper with other plain cardstocks!

shirley-bee said...

Fab masculine card, Vicki! I love the mix of b/w pattern with solid blocks of colour - very modern!

Glenda J said...

This is so cool - love the graphic feel. Excellent use of your scraps.