Tuesday, August 4, 2020

My Favorite Things Summer School

Today I am creating for MFT Summer School Day 3 and 4.  My STAMPlorations Inspiration post is below this one.  I was thrilled how that one turned out too.

 
 DAY 3

My 29th wedding anniversary is coming up, and I think this card will work out splendidly!

 I used a cover plate, cut out the card stock, and then inlaid the colors back to the negative space.  I like that these colors are masculine, but also look good.  The heart is from MFT Banner Hearts [again, retired].


Day 4

I adore the ombre looks on cards! [on hair, not so much].  I went ahead and tried Jennifer McGuire's White Ink Techniques. 

 I do love how this turned out.  The stark color against the white card base - be still my heart.  The white ink definitely gives the circle panel an ombre look. [I will be using this technique again for sure!]

You can see the subtle stenciling in the background.  Can you tell I am completely into the Simon Says Sentiment Strips!  Love these things pre-printed, and all straight and clear! :)

I think I have one more day of school [tomorrow].  I'll be back.  I'm having a blast "learning" :)


Thanks for stopping by~

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You pass with flying colors Vicki, A+!! Two GREAT cards!

Helen said...

Like the backgrounds you created for these hearts and sentiments, Vicki. Watched Jennifer's video using white yesterday. It creates a fascinating background, doesn't it? tfs-stay well.