Thursday, July 16, 2020

Seize the Birthday Challenge

This is a nice change for me.  I rarely use colored card bases.  Not sure why either as they do look really good.

For my card I was totally inspired by Joy Taylor's card.  I instantly loved it, and figured I could use the images I had to make it, so I did.

Isn't it totally cute!  I love it. 😁 I used the retired MFT Birthday Girl.  While this particular set is retired, they have many other Birthday Girl sets. For the cupcake, it is a digital from STAMPlorations; Cupcake Blooms and Coffee.

I just loved the way Joy had her dress match the background paper.  Yeah, I thoroughly enjoy this card, and making it!

Your turn.  Come on over and join in the Seize the Birthday Challenge.  Remember, while the colored card base is optional, being a birthday card is not.


Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful colouring, beautiful card!

JoAnn said...

That cupcake looks yummy and that PI girl is so cute. Love your coloring and the design of your card.

Lisa Elton said...

CUTENESS!! You should do colored card bases more often, this looks great and I love her little plaid dress!

Colleen said...

Using the same background and her dress is really stunning...love that huge cupcake too!!

Helen said...

Like how you used your birthday girl and cupcake images together, Vicki. The plaid background and dress combo is a sweet touch (in addition to that lucious cupcake-lol). tfs-stay well.

Leslie said...

Super cute! Wish I had that cupcake! ;)

Barbara said...

OMGoodness! That cupcake looks delicious and it makes a great card. I see that you paper pieced the dress and it is spunky.

Nancy said...

I love that paper pieced PI and that yummy cupcake. Great job with the colored card base too.

Nora Noll said...

Oh how sweet!! I am loving how you matched the girls dress with the background paper. So fun!

TaeEun said...

What a sweet birthday card, Vicki! Love the idea with the "camouflaging" dress :) !

Cathy said...

Adorable image and I love the plaid dress and background, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Totally sweet! I admire how Joy has created her card (thanks for the link), and I love how you've made yours too! Love the plaid dress of the cute girl and the giant cupcake too! Very sweet card, indeed!

Glenda J said...

Super cute and fun! Love the colours you used.