Monday, May 4, 2020

Playing in some Challenges

I took some time today to actually make cards for specific challenges!  It has been months since I played in a challenge, but I have to say, this stay-at-home has become extremely boring.  So, I turned to my AWESOME hobby and created.  I bet a bunch of you are doing the same thing, right?

I am starting with Altenew's May Challenge.  They had a lovely color combo, but I was really inspired by the entire photo.

 

You all know, I do adore stripes.  Add in flowers and ba bam! I have a challenge I can get into!

 I used the Beautiful Day stamp set, in a tall card.  I have seen these in blogland and figured, what the heck, I'll try one too!

 I just love the layers of these flowers -- no coloring, just stamping.  Yep, love that.
=============================================
For the second challenge, I joined in Use Your Stuff #397 - Flowers

 Yeah, true story.  I made this initially for the Altenew Challenge, got it done, and then realized I didn't use the colors.  [Yes, it helps to read the entire challenge.]  I really liked this card, so I figured it worked for the Use Your Stuff challenge.

What do you think?

===================================================
Last challenge is over on Facebook CAS Card Theme Event 1.  I'm still a tad confused with this challenge as I think it is only on FB, but there again, I'm not really sure.  That said, I'm sharing it on my blog too.  



I used the new Pawsome Stencil from CAS-ual Fridays for the background, and the retired Love Ya Fri-die (3 layered for dimension)
 
I thought the faded sponged hearts kind of had the effect of the blowing plant.


Thanks for stopping by~

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, I spy some winners here!! Love these Vicki!

Helen said...

What a delightful array of card designs, Vicki. Your take on the first challenge is awesome, Vicki. Like your combination of stripes and flowers. I have this floral stamp set, so you've inspired me to give it a try with stripes. tfs-stay well.