Friday, April 24, 2020

Heartfelt Creations Alumni April Hop


This month I wanted to try something rather then just stamping and coloring.  I started with an inked panel using alcohol inks on yupo paper, and then using the Classic Sunflower stamp set, I stamped it on the inked panel.

Now, I adore the look of this!  However, it so did not work.  Apparently I used the wrong black ink [Versafine] for stamping [on Yupo], since when I went to cut out the flowers with the matching die. I had black ink everywhere! So, I got this great idea to emboss the flowers - that would set the ink.  Yep - I melted the yupo into nothing!  LOL  gotta play and learn I guess.

Meanwhile, I tried again [with different black ink; Ranger Archival] and had a better result.


I used the 1/2 circle from the Rounded Sunlight Window die set, and a sentiment from Just For You Sentiments.

Okay, that's it for me this month.  Below is a list of the participating Designers.  Remember to leave a comment for the $25 gift certificate to Heartfelt Creations.



Thanks for stopping by~

23 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Good to know not to use heat on Yupo...or Versafine! Yikes! That had to have been heartbreaking to see all that lovely ink go to waste. I do love your end result, though. It has a wonderful jewel like quality. You have inspired me to be more daring! Thanks so much for hopping with us my friend!

sharon g said...

I bought some alcohol inks, and just need to try them out.It is good to experiment. Thank you for showing us what not to do :) I like what you came up with in the end. Fun stuff, experimenting.

Helen said...

Great card, Vicki. Thanks for sharing your trials and errors with alcohol ink before getting the lovely final results. I'm new to working with alcohol ink and yupo paper so your learning is also mine! tfs-stay well.

Glenda said...

This is gorgeous!

boopfan57 said...

Love your choice of colors.

craftieodmae said...

Very pretty!

buzzn2scrap said...

Pretty card ! You also learn something new every day so thanks for sharing the tip about what inks to use with alcohol inks.

Terry Law said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for the great idea!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful colors and designs. I love the mixed colors look.

Suzy Q said...

The end result of your beautiful card is lovely! Sometimes we never know what might just happen! Thanks for sharing it all! Suzy Q

joydee1963 said...

Very cool!!love it.

Kathy B. said...

Thanks for sharing a different technique. I really like the colors in the card. :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, this is dramatic and fabulous!

Jo Williams said...

Vicki, I love your card. I just got my sunflower stamp and die. Can't wait to give it a try.

Kathy K said...

Love the colors!!

Judy3118 said...

Love your card. Colorful without being overdone. I sometimes like a card that is;t so "fancy"

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors and flowers on your pretty card! Thanks for sharing the info on your alcohol ink & Yupo paper experiment!

cghundley said...

Fabulous learning experience
and the card looks lovely.
Carla from Utah

Sue D said...

Pretty card design and so sorry you had a problem with the black ink.

SandiB said...

Love your card and the colors you used. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I love this Vicki! The end result is gorgeous. I’ve been playing with the yupo paper and alcohol inks too. So much fun!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your final project turned out so pretty. I really love that pretty flower. Glad you shared about the trials of the Yupo paper. Now I know not to use heat on mine. Hope you have a beautiful day

Lorna said...

So very pretty.