Sunday, December 15, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Day

I'm winding down this year with the 2nd to last post for CAS-ual Fridays 2019.  [Don't get me wrong, I'm staying on the Design Team] There again, the year has flown, and I do love creating with Michele's images!

 I used one of my most favorite sets, Pretty Posies [with matching dies], along with Yana Smakula's technique of coloring the background with a black Copic!  [I do rather love this look].

While she used a colored card stock, I just used white and colored everything with Copics.  I cut out the Just Because Fri-Die out of a sponged colored card panel.  I'm also entering this into the Flower Challenge #39; Use a Die



I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I know I had a great time making it. :)

Feel free to use my code to save 15% off any CFS purchase [even the 50% off the retiring products!]




Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

What a fabulous card, Vicki. I love that color combination.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous with the black background. It really makes the flowers stand out. My that must have used up a lot of your black Copic marker to color all that territory. And, it you show no brush strokes at all either. I doubt I could ever do that. I think I would have just used black card stock and added the die cut flowers over it myself. My Copics are not as good as they used to be and I cannot afford them anymore to replace or buy refill inks.

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Vicki! Love the flowers and the color combo. The black background adds so much depth to this!

Helen said...

Lovely card, Vicki. Like your color combination...so relaxing. It's perfect for your sentiment. tfs

cghundley said...

Beautiful coloring
and love the black
background.
Carla from Utah

Karen Dunbrook said...

hey gf....what a super card, a bright and happy one in these dull, dreary winter days.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen