Sunday, May 19, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Day

Today is a CAS-ual Fridays day here on my blog [and over there too].

Here is the finished card:

I had my gelli plate sitting on my desk, and I also needed a birthday card for my son.  That said, I felt an art journaling background would be perfect for him.

I used the following products from CAS-ual Fridays:



I also have a tiny tutorial on how I created the background:

Step 1
Cardstock, brayer, gelli pad, paint
Using the brayer, spread gelli pad with the paint.  Use very little, and start with the lightest color first.  Swipe the brayer onto your card panel.

Step 2
Lay the stencil [Starlequin] over the top of the card panel, and sponge on a different, darker color of paint.

Step 3
I took a 2nd stencil [Bold Trellis], and sprayed on some spray ink.

Once this all dried, I cut a 3.75 x 5 panel out of the part I liked best, and finished off my card by stamping the HB [Shenanigans] and adding a layered 25 from the Flower Case Alphabet stamp set.


I'm thinking he will like this card.  I know I do.

Don't forget, if you use my code, you can save 15% off your CFS products.




Thanks for stopping by~

4 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Happy Birthday to Chad ♫

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with great images and colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Testing for email notification

Lisa Elton said...

What a great background! Love those floral numbers too. This is awesome Vicki!