Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Layer Wednesday

I am so HAPPY!  The One Layer Wednesday Challenge is baaaaaaaaaaaaack!! They took the summer off, and while I think Jennifer and Susan thought it went fast, me on the other hand - not so much - I thought it took forevah from my favorite challenge to return!

While these one layer cards take less than 5-10 minutes to make, there is a challenge of sorts.  The placement of your image, sentiment etc are important.  You can have a terrible OLC, or a well balanced, pleasing to the eye card.  Just ask the one layer card guru, Susan, over at Simplicity blog - she'll tell you, in fact check out this and this.  SHE GIVES LESSONS on them! (well kind of - hints and statements anyway :)) Told ya, there really is a thought process for these fun cards.


Meanwhile, the challenge today over at Styles Ink One Layer Wednesday Challenge is a baby card.  Perfect!   One of my co-workers is pregnant!  Because she is new pg and doesn't know the sex, I went with a soft, neutral green. I dug out my Stampin Up I'm Here set, and I  used the fun technique of striping (with copics) my ribbon.  Yep, stripes work for a baby.

I am working on a few other cards [for today] so I will probably be back. Thanks for stopping by~



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Vicki! I love the one layer cards and you rocked this one! Wondering what you bought from the MFT release...

Erica said...

Quintessential images...love the cuteness..

Lisa Lara said...

Great idea...this is so sweet!

Mim said...

Love the green.. Very sweet little pink foot too!

Donelda said...

such a sweet foot print!

Julia Aston said...

what a great CAS baby card design Vicki! love the stamps you used!

Deborah Frings said...

This is really lovely - I do like the little foot and the alphabet stamp. The ribbon is fab - you drew the stripes on yourself? Fab!

Sheryl said...

This EXACTLY what I was looking for. I knew it as soon as I saw it. Thanks for the idea. I have a baby shower this weekend that I need to get a card ready for.

Mynn xx said...

Wonderful! I love the layering of the images. :)

Peggy said...

Super cute card! Love the alphabet over the footprint! I am glad OLW is back too! It was they that inspired me to do CAS cards.

Jennifer Styles said...

What a sweet little footprint!

And that ribbon is gorgeous!

Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW63!

Carol said...

Such a beautiful card!

carol@copperashill.com said...

Nice combination of stamps & colors-- I like it so much!!
-coco

Cheryl said...

Super cute Vicki....!