Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stampin B's #73

This week Vicky challenged us to a square card with a western theme.  I had seen this boot a while back over at SCS and this was the perfect opportunity!  I used the sentiment from MFP Southwest Cowboy.  You can find the boot template here.  After I cuttlebugged the shoe portion, I than clear embossed for a faux snakeskin, and used the faux suede technique for the upper half.  I really do have to say I am thrilled with this card! It worked just as planned~~  Come on over and play with the Stampin B's!!  Thanks for stopping by --

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Oh my stars Vicki!!!! This is fabulous!!! You have out done yourself!

Payne Holler Cards said...

THUD! I can only picture the cowboy hunk that is wearing this boot LOL
wonderful when it all comes together!
great card (-:

Becky said...

This is one awesome boot..:) You did a fabulous job on this.

Chrissy D said...

COOL BOOT! Love the texture!

Nikki said...

This looks like you've grabbed a boot and put it into a press to make it flat very kewl
hugs Nikki

Marisa said...

Absolutely fabulous, Vicki!! Does a cowboy come with the card LOL! Great use of the techniques on the boot and the little twine rolled up is perfect. You won first prize in the rodeo with this one!!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, I hadn't come across allidoisstamp.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Keep up the wonderful work!

Tanya said...

Oh wow, this is so cool! Looks like so much fun.

Lois said...

I LOVE your boot, Vicki! Very cool!!!

Larisa said...

It is so stylish! Nice colours ))

Julia Aston said...

Love all the textures on your boot Vicki!

Aster said...

Vicky, it is beautiful card! It is realy men's card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

you should be thrilled with this one and the techniques you used to create it....fabulously Western

juli (sweetpz) said...

wonderful card! i love how you did the faux snakeskin for the boot! thats a great idea for using my clear embossing powders!
tfs
juli

Mary Marsh said...

wow vicki-this is a great card-love the boot