Sunday, August 22, 2010

Featured Stamper - Heather









Initially, Heather was chosen as Queen For The Day over at SCS, by 9pm last night she was ALSO chosen as Featured Stamper!  WOW!  Double recognition - that is wonderful for her.  Great for me too since I got to CASE 2 of her fabulous cards!  What a fabulous gallery she has! I had to CASE this card because of the colors and of course the butterfly.
I used my favorite butterfly from Hero Arts.  Someone in blogland does this amazing highlighting with a white gel pen - doesn't that just make this bfly pop!  Love this little trick.  I used my new DOTS embossing folder from my friend cuttlebug, added some lace (that's all I had - so sad) and a few gems and this CASE was complete.








This second card I CASED is from her bow. Sometimes I just need to force myself to use my bow easy.  It's not like it is hard, it's just being left handed I struggle with this little tool.  My colors are from Curtain Call 44 - I wasn't sure about them, but as usual, once I get the card made I end up liking the combination!  This is a little sneak peek of Mark's Finest Papers Thankful Mums and Pumpkins.
Thanks so much for stopping in - see you tomorrow!!



15 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Both cards are great CASEs, but I especially love the polka dotted embossed BG and the butterfly! You never cease to amaze me at all the challenges you keep up with...you really do 'stamp all the time' - lol!

Stacey Schafer said...

Double gorgeousness, Vicki! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call! You use of color is amazing:)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Vicki- both of these are wonderful! I can't believe how many cards you crank out!

redwasher1 said...

Vicki both of your cards are awesome!!

Mary Marsh said...

these are 2 beautiful cards vicki-love the cas style-my fave is the butterfly card-great colors

martina's kaartjes said...

Beautiful cards, love them both.
Have a nice day,
greetings, Martina
x

Brenda said...

Vicki both of your cards are beautiful!!

Bonnie McLain said...

Great Casing Cards Vicki... love them both... especially the butterflies..

Stacey Schafer said...

hey vicki! can I get your email address? thanks!
Stacey
slschaf771@aol.com

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful cards Vicki! So clean and lovely!

Becky said...

love both of these..Love that bow.

Kara said...

that bow is gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

Bold colors and design, Vicki! The dimensional butterfly on the black just pops! And, the second card is lovely, too! The pop of burgandy ribbon is fabulous with those colors! Lovely cards!

Francie G. said...

Two beautiful creations, Vicki! Love the first one with the embossed background and that beautiful butterfly! Love the elegant simplicity of the second creation!

Peggy said...

Beautiful color combo on the first one and the butterfly is fabulous. I love the polka dots on the second one with the striking bow!