Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Inspire 25

This challenge was Gina's over at STV.  Make a card on what you love about summer.  Well, THAT is easy - the sun and ocean.  Since living in AZ I don't have the ocean, I make a lot of beach scene cards.  Once again, I made a beach scene with Zindorf's Direct to Paper technique.  I follow her steps but what is so cool is my cards usually look different from her's.  To me that is a good thing I don't like CASEing exactly, but I do love getting inspiration from all your cards out there.  On my card I used GKD Lazy Days of Summer - what a fun set. 

Okay peeps, that is my challenge for this am.  Tonight is my last sketch challenge over at STV will be posted.  I can't get over how fast 3 months went~ good grief.  I am sure the new hostesses will have as much fun as my group did.  If anything, it is pretty cool just to see the new stuff before anyone else - LOL.  I am so glad to be back to stamping!  Thanks so much for commenting~~ remember, I am trying to get 100 followers so I can give away some blog candy.....

9 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The colors you got with the DTP technique are wonderful!! I love this summer card!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a terrific beach scene, Vicki! We've been having hot summer days here (mid 80s---which is probably cool to you) and the beach looks so inviting.

Mary Marsh said...

you did a fab job vicki with the dtp technique-I love it-these are some of my fav things about summer as well-

Edna Morrisedie said...

You always do good with the scene cards... there is plenty of beach near me, with crystal white sand, so feel free to visit any time you like!!!

Peggy said...

Super cute card! THe beach is my favorite summer thing (along with the warm weather!) but I can go for the ice cream too!

Joanne Travis said...

I am so ready for the beach although I am not sure if my body is quite ready for a bathing suit! Love your summery themed card!! Fun and fabulous.

Robbie said...

I love ANYTHING beachy!!! So you sold me on this one. Love those little images and you did a great job with the technique, Vicki! Kudos...

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow three months already! You did an awesome job on your card, I am with you beach all the way.

Betty Wright said...

Fantastic scene and detailing, Vicki! Great card!