Friday, April 9, 2010

IC227 - Seattle

I had so much fun making this card.  The Inspiration Challenge at SCS is your "home" state.  Well, I live in Arizona,  I love living in Arizona, but I do not consider this home.  Home is Seattle - yep, you got it:  duck feet and rain.  It was so fun using Laurie Wilson's, from Clearly Delightful, new digi  Harold (the duck) [- I got him for just entering her challenge - nope I didn't win, I just entered!] along with an umbrella from CDS Blooming with Blessings.  AND, yes I also colored Harold with copics.. I am beginning to semi get the hang of it~ LOL.  I am so happy with Harold - he worked just perfect for my inspiration of home.

No, I didn't get to organizing my stamp room - I had to color Harold!!  Thanks for stopping by~~

13 comments:

Peggy said...

Harold is absolutely adorable and I love your coloring and storm clouds!
Super cute card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fantastic Duck!! Awesome job on the BG too... great to use the black card base too, makes it all pop!

Joanne Travis said...

Vicki, this is so delightful and absolutely perfect for Seattle. I hardly ever buy anything without a hood :)
I know how you feel about where you come from, I'll always be a Jersey girl at heart!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word! This is too cute and fabulously done, Vicki! Wonderful card! LOVE the sky and how you made it look like rain clouds. Harold is coloring beautifully! Great card!

Cassie said...

Ahhhhh, Vicki, that is adorable! I love how you combined both Harold and the Blooming with Blessings set to make such a cute scene. Hehe, very cute ;D

Marisa said...

Cute!! Love that image :D

Laurie Wilson said...

Oh my goodness, this one is totally adorable! Love the cheery coloring and the black background is an amazing backdrop!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Vicki, this is the cutest duck!! I love the yellows, and the punched strip! Rain is lovely....... just not in huge quantities like we've had!! You home must be wonderful! TFS this cute and fun card!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your Seattle duck in the rain!

Francie G. said...

Vicky this has to be the cutest! Your coloring is fabulous! Wonderful details!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your coloring is awesome! I'm still struggling with using Copics, but love working with them.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This card just quakes me up. HA! Such an adorable duck trying to shield itself from water. Great job!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this card is so sweet vicki-;ove your cute image with his umbrella-great coloring