Thursday, August 20, 2026

Just Us Girls Challenge #837 - Mood Board Week

Whoa - I am loving this photo!

I've been seeing a lot of videos on coloring with an embossing folder so I instantly thought of this technique when I saw this mood board!

I inked up a card panel, ran it through with an embossing folder, and then using a dark green ink, swiped the debossed side.  I loved the touch of teal in the photo, so I made my bfly with that color.

I'm okay with this end result.  Could it be better?  Probably, a matter of practice apparently.  It works for this challenge.

Your turn.  Come on over to JUGS #837 and show us how you are inspired making your card!



Thanks for stopping by~

8 comments:

cm said...

Only one response: stunning! Your sunflower background...swoon! The teal butterfly is a lovely touch.
hugs~c

Carol said...

That butterfly die is gorgeous! I agree that the teal was the way to go. Your background adds a lot of interest to this card, too.

Lisa Elton said...

Carol took the words right out of my mouth! This is a marvelous take on the photo, Vicki!

TK said...

I'm not sure what you're looking at or through, but your card is beautiful! I love that you also pulled in the teal. Great colors and card, Vicki!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That sunflower background looks amazing! Love the addition of the pretty teal butterfly, too.

Ina G said...

That sunflower embossing is spot on Vicki. So many colours blending in perfectly. Of course I love your butterfly!

Bobby said...

You proved the "blackout technique" doesn't have to use black, Vicki. That dark green really brings out the sunflowers in a more natural way than black would have.

LeslieT said...

Beautiful! I've only done this technique a couple times and you're inspiring me to play!