Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Another Day of Creating

It's been 5 years since I retired.  That said, I am so thankful for this hobby called stamping.  At this point, I am in my stamp room on a daily basis.  All I can say is if you don't have a hobby when getting ready to retire - get one!  It will [and does] keep you sane.  I would be bored out of my mind without this hobby.  Just sayin~

Since all my DT creations have been created for September, I get to play in challenges [to keep myself busy].  For today I chose Simon Says Monday - Recycle, along with CAS on Friday [one of my favorites]; Feathered Friends.

I totally love this Honey Bee's Lovely Layers Winter Bird Die.  [There are 2 birds in this set, the other being a Cardinal]  I added some foliage die cuts, and a piece of recycled cardboard for the background panel.

I scored the card base, attached a [retired] Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle panel, and a layered Hello.  A fun and cheerful card to receive.

Thanks Challenges - fun times were had.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!$

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, a cheerful way to say hello! The recycled cardboard adds so much interest to your terrific layers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card you have made using the recycled card board and the various die cuts. I love the bird! This design would look great with the cardinal too!

I Card Everyone said...

I do SO love a little Black-capped Chickadee, Vicki! Isn't he just the sweetest to deliver such a darling hello - love the corrugated cardboard!
I completely agree with your retirement plan - don't the days fly by??
=]

TK said...

Very pretty, I love the bird, and your cardboard gives a woodsy feel.

dj said...

Beautiful...that bird die is fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with the CAS on Friday challenge to make a clean and simple “feathered friends” card.
–Deb Horst, Guest Designer #291

LeslieT said...

This is gorgeous! I love that bird!