Thursday, November 2, 2023

ATC & Deer Card

Let's just start off that ONCE AGAIN, freakin Blogger pulled my post from yesterday!  They are saying I am spamming -- WTH Blogger!  Naturally, there is no way to contact them.  So, I copy and paste into a new post, and re-title it!  Now of course, then I have to go to the challenge sites, re-enter my card, and leave an em to delete my first card.  I am not a happy stamper right now!  Ok, rant done.

Today I am playing in [my favorite] ATC Around the World Challenge; Blue.  I am happy to report, that I did find my fun bird die set [Honey Bee Lovely Layers Winter Birds Dies] so I had to use one of them for my ATC.

I saw a YT video using ink swiping over an embossing folder.  While I used a texture coverplate, it gave kind of the same effect.  I swiped white ink, dried, swiped navy ink, dried, and then lightly swiped gold ink for highlighting.  Oh yes please.  I am loving the end result.

I cut the different parts of the bird, and glued them all together, then sponged on a little dark ink for depth on his lower belly.  I added a pre-printed sentiment, and this fun ATC was complete.

-------------------------------------------

I went on to play in over at the Double D Challenge; deer.  I try and use this deer head every year.  I think he is very cool.

While going through my Christmas dies, I came across this snow globe die.  Yep, it worked with my deer head!


 I had so much fun today!  Thanks Challenges~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Spamming...??? That's some crazy stuff. Your creations today, on the other hand, fabulous!!

Diane said...

BOTH cards are beautifully created, love that deer!! Don't feel bad as instagram took my account down saying I violated their rules, how I am not sure as all I had up were my cards, they can have half naked pictures on and that is okay but my cards aren't, crazy but I started a new account, of course it's a slow process and I lost all my followers!! Okay my RANT is over too, thanks for listening LOL!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Julia Aston said...

Two beauties here today Vicki! love that sweet bird on the branch and your beautiful winter snow globe with the deer! Julia xx

Donna Phelan said...

Wonderful creations! Loving your deer snow globe, so perfect and masculine....he is magnificent! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Oh Deer Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

TK said...

I don't know HOW I missed these cards, but they are both terrific! Love the swiping technique (didn't work for me), plus the bird is beautiful on its own. Then your deer head? Amazing! And congrats for Top 3!

Leslie said...

Wow, both of these cards are gorgeous! Love that bird, of course, and the snow globe is amazing as well!

Conny said...

Wonderful card and amazing ATC!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny