Friday, September 8, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #696 - Word Week

I think this is a first for JUGS - I love this challenge!!  I wanted a realistic moon, and being the NOT artist that I am, I went to my friend You Tube.  I found THIS video. It was so perfect [for what I was looking for] and I was totally impressed with her end result, so naturally, I had to try it out.

I was really happy with my end result!  I used inks that matched this stunning designer paper, and I think it worked beautifully.

The added gold stars [are someone's?] from my dies, and the sentiment I think is from an old Hero Arts Set.  

Your turn!  The team has created some amazing cards with moons -- check it out, get inspired, and then play along over at JUGS #696.  The gallery will be from the moon and back 😉.



Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

Nancy said...

That background is so cool, Vicki! You won the award for creativity!

Lisa Kind said...

Well from looking at this card I'd call you an artist! This is so cool! Great job creating that moon!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful moon and fantastic colors!

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, I'm intrigued by your artist's rendering of what looks like an eclipse of the moon? Your card is fabulous!
I better watch that video!
=]

Carol said...

Your sky is so real as is the contrast of the bright moon! Col stars with their "rays" shooting off too!!!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... great moon. I thought you had distressed the background...can't believe it was DSP. Great card!

Bobby said...

So gorgeous, Vicki.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That paper is amazing, as is your gorgeous moon! Just fantastic!

Lisa Elton said...

NAILED IT!! Woweee is this ever cool!

cm said...

I agree 110%: your moon is awesome! Perfect glowing orb for that fabulous night sky. WOW!
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your moon is gorgeous and love the sentiment! That background is so perfect and makes a beautiful night sky.

Ina G said...

You won out with your creative moon and picked the perfect DP to showcase it. Love those fabulous stars.

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! Your moon looks very realistic!