Friday, September 1, 2023

A New Challenge - Mini Album Mania

 

There's a NEW CHALLENGE in town!  Mini Album Mania.  This is a new challenge started by by Leslie Turner. [That girl has a serious full plate!] With this challenge, you have 6 weeks to join in.  Let's face it, albums are more difficult then a card, so, you need more time.  There will be 6 challenges per year [2 for the rest of 2023].

Okay, let's get to it.  Here are the requirements: 

The size should be no more than 6" on any side 

Must have at least three pages (the more the merrier) and must be embellished and decorated. 

Photos are optional. They can have any kind of binding such as rings, wire, ribbon, staples, glued tabs, etc. OR accordion, or flap type, with no binding. 

Just remember they must have at least three pages. No blank un-decorated albums. 

Here is what I created:

 

I started with a 6" album to hold my extra die cut words.  I wanted something that was easy to grab, and easy to use.  [I tried the cup method - didn't work for me, too messy and too much sorting to find what I needed.]  I grabbed some stashed designer papers, stamped a background panel, cut and stamped a tag, and finally added a sticker.  Because I want to know what this album is for, I cut out and 3x layered the letters for Words on the cover.

I basically decorated the pages the same way [I am all about consistency] then, glued a sample of what is in the [white] pocket included on all pages. [Yeah, the blue clip is holding the album open for photographs only] My pages include; Happy Birthday [computer generated], Birthday [stamped and die cut] and Miscellaneous Sentiments for the last page.

 It's a basic album, but I am loving this easy to use tool!

I planned on what I was going to use my album for, then I made it.  (This is what I will do for future MAM challenges also.)  Making albums is a challenge [for me] and just to make one, just to make it - yeah, that won't happen.  I need to be able to utilize it.  You?  Maybe just for the fun - either way, we hope you join in!

On a side note:

With a new challenge blog comes a design team call! Designers would be required to create one mini album project every other month, have a blog to share your DT inspiration projects, take good photos and comment on one number of participants. Leslie is also looking for an avid mini album maker to take on the blog co-owner role.  

We hope to see your album over at Mini Album Mania



Thanks for stopping by~

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors, Vicki! This is a wonderful album and sounds like a fun challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice album and size! Love all the pages!

Leslie said...

I'm absolutely in love with this album! So happy to have you on this team! GREAT debut project and very useful, too! I have a big bin with a lid on it and it's a clusterf*ck trying to find anything. I might CASE your idea on this and create one with pockets for words, different shapes and borders. Love it!

Shery Russ said...

what a great idea, Vicki! it's artsy, creative, and FUNCTIONAL! i would totally do this when i get my craft/office space set up and organized, and i can get to crafting again.

Nancy said...

You're brilliant, Vicki! What a great idea for an album...and it's so beautiful too! Love the layers and text and stitches...and everything! :o)