Sunday, September 3, 2023

A Few More Challenges

Oh boy, did I have fun today!  More challenges to be accomplished...

I started with Gina K Designs September Monthly Mix; Faux Embossing, and AAA Cards #248; Tag on a Card. [This might not be CAS enough for this challenge, but I went ahead and entered anyway]

Believe it or not, there was a lot of creative detail for this card.  I started by brayering on ink on a card panel - Thanks JM. [I will be doing this in the future, totally loved the effect!], did the faux embossing effect using Gina K Wild Blossoms Stamp Set, and then cut the tag inside panel out of that.  I cut strips of paper, and adhered onto another card panel [for stability], and cut that down for the card front, [after I texture plated the card base front]. Whew!  That was a lot of steps 😀

I cut the tag base in one of the same colors as the strips, made a hugs sentiment, adhered all together, and this over-the-top layered, colorful card was complete!  While I kept the faux embossing subtle I am loving the end result!  A gift with a card - works for me every time 😀..

----------------------------------------------

I went on to join in [my favorite] ATC Around the World Challenge; anything goes.

 I inked up the backgrounds with a brayer [same technique as above], and using miscellaneous stamps, stamped over the inked areas.

A trick I recently learned? Use white pigment refill ink for bright white splatters. [This did work brilliantly!]  I used a mitten die with gold glitter paper, and various sentiment strips [with matching small dies] from GKD.  I love giving Christmas tags as small presents, or sometimes, I even use them on gift bags for friends.

Okay, another totally fun day creating!  Thanks Challenges - great times~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Bold bright and beautiful! Love those little flower sprigs tucked behind your sentiment! Your mitten ATCs are cute!

Conny said...

Wonderful ATCs! Love them!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this pretty and bright card. The brayered piece is amazing. I can see you put a lot of work into it. It takes times cutting strips and getting them placed. I like the colors. They really make it pop.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Great fun colors too!

TK said...

Your card is fantastic, and I LOVE that brayered tag on it! Great colors and so much detail... Your tags are cute too with the same effect and adorably cute

LeslieT said...

Beautiful card with the brayer ink technique! I haven't done that in quite some time and you've inspired me to make some backgrounds! And you know I always love your ATCs! Those mittens are totally adorable!

Twingomaus said...

Sehr schöne ATCs. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei ATC Around the World.
Viele Grüße Andrea

Michal said...

Beautiful card! I loved the striped pattern, so bold and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!