Friday, August 4, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #691 - Color Week

I'm the Hostess for this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see how you play with these chosen colors!

Since I wasn't in the mood to "color", I sponged on ink, using the MFT Rectangle Extraordinaire Stencil, which is a fabulous tool for a nice centered, sponged background. [Just saying]

I used a Happy die [Anyone know who's this is?] and cut into the sponged panel. I stacked the word with 3 other layers of white [for dimension] , and glued back into the cut portion. I framed with some free hand drawings.

Okay, your turn!  So many ways to use these colors on your card.  I hope you play along over at JUGS #691.



Thanks for stopping by~

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, I love your colors and they blended so beautifully on your pretty card - hope I have the chance to use them!
=]

Leslie said...

Love this card! Seriously gorgeous inked panel!

Carol said...

Striking card Vicki!

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous inking,very striking indeed and love how you did the freehand drawing so very clever and it frames it beautifully.

Marie

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your beautiful ink blended rectangle on this beauty! And the way you did the sentiment is fabulous. Great choice of colors for us this week.

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you went deeper with the colors, this is beautiful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Seriously INSPIRED!! Love this so much.
Had to join in the fun at JUGS!

TK said...

Deep, rich colors -- very pretty and calming, and pretty ink blending too

cm said...

Beautiful ink blending, Vicki - and certainly a great way to showcase your colour combination which, by the way, I love! I wonder if the Happy is from Winnie and Walter. I wish they'd come back; I LOVE their products!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Such fabulous richness with your colour choice Vicki. Great stamping and dimensional Happy. Love your doodle-ing.

Bobby said...

Wonderful ink blending, Vicki, and I love the eclipse sentiment.

Greta said...

Love how you used the colors & the card design! I have that stencil & love it, too! Thanks for having me guest this month!