Thursday, July 27, 2023

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Inspired by a Book

Story time - For my son's baby shower, bringing a book was part of the request.  I knew instantly what book I would bring!  I saved Love You Forever all these years, wanting to pass it down to my grandchild.  I must have read that book to my son for the first 7 years of his life.  When my son saw the book, he started crying.  It was a moment I must say.  Forward to currently, my grandson is now a couple of weeks old, and his mom has started reading him the book.  She can't get through it without tearing up.  I'm telling you, it is an awesome book!

For my card, I just used the title.

Totally CAS, but it sure works!

The sentiment is computer generated.

Your turn!  What book inspires you?  Come on over to STB and join in the fun!



Thanks for stopping by~

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This brings memories for me too with the kids! One of their favorite books for me to read! Your card is just precious and it's such a sweet design with the hearts!! I think I would cry too!! Very sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

My son gave me this book when he was an adult! What a wonderful gift for you to pass down to your grandson. Cute card!

TK said...

What a wonderful way to recreate wonderful memories and bring them to life again for a card! Perfecet

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous CAS card with a beautiful sentiment. I do not know this book but I have read similar ones to my children, can't wait to read them to my grandchildren ! So happy to be your Surprise Party guest at STB.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful birthday card design and love the cascade of hearts!

Linda said...

Vicki, what a beautiful card and memory of your son and now it's going to be handed down to his son.

Tracy Grauer said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandma! It's the best. This book is priceless as is your card and the story behind it. Love it.

Barbara said...

I can certainly see how this book made its way into your family and now is rooted there for generations to come. What a lovely story and I love your card reflecting the hearts.

JulieP said...

Such a sweet story. Congrats once again. I love your CAS version of this wonderful phrase.

JoAnn said...

Great take on the book title Vicki with all those hearts. What a great family tradition of reading the book to your son and now it is being read to your grandson.

Leslie said...

Love, love, love! Hearts are always welcome! ;)

Colleen said...

What a priceless book and now a card as a memory. What a beautiful gift and such a touching story to go with it! Congrats on your new little grandson!

Cathy said...

I remember hearing this story at a storytelling workshop, I think I cried for hours, it's so amazing! What a wonderful family tradition and your card is perfect, Cathy x

Glenda J said...

Great CAS card! Great inspiration.

shirley-bee said...

I've never heard of this book, Vicki, but it obviously packs a huge heartfelt punch, judging by people’s reactions! Love th CAS hearts card.

Ashwini Rao said...

Great way to use the book's title and the CAS design looks awesome, the sentiment font really pops. Love the card.