Friday, July 7, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #687 - Word Week

I'm not sure what I like more - beachy cards, or shells!  Either way, this week's challenge..yes, please!  I instantly grabbed my Memory Box Grande Tulip Shell.  I just love this die!

I used a water color panel I had in my stash for the inside of the shell, and lightly brown sponged the outline of the shell.  Yep, I adore this die.

For my edge of the water, I ripped some designer paper.  I love that it worked!  My sentiment is [once again] from IBS Seaside Sentiments (OOB).

Your turn!  I can't wait to see the cards in the gallery for this challenge.  You can upload your card HERE.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

15 comments:

Carol said...

That's a reallly cool shell die and your colors show it off!

Leslie said...

Totally LOVE this card! That big seashell is amazing!

cm said...

I see why you love this shell die: it's gorgeous! Your card is shell-sational!
hugs~c

Nancy said...

I definitely see why you were happy with this word, what a great die to have on hand! Awesome card, Vicki!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that gorgeous, watercolor shell laying on the edge of the shore you created! Beautifully done!

I Card Everyone said...

You clearly have the best beachy supplies of all, Vicki - this shell is magnificent cut from your smooshed watercolor paper!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a wonderful beach card you made. I love the colors and big sea shell you made with the die.

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza, what a fabulous shell die! Pretty card, Vicki!

TK said...

GREAT colors, and your seashell is amazing -- love it!

Bobby said...

That is one big seashell, Vicki, and it looks fabulous in that blue color. I love how you tore the paper to make the shoreline.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful sentiment which I agree with whole heartedly! Love your big conch die - beautifully inked! xx

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful sentiment which I agree with whole heartedly! Love your big conch die - beautifully inked! xx

*Vicki* said...

What a stunner this is Vicki! Really love the coloring on that shell and your beach turned out very cool too! Love the texture!

Ina G said...

Loooooooove that big beautifully coloured shell Vicki. Fabulous beach background.

Lisa Kind said...

What a beautiful card! I love that die and the watercoloring. Great background for it too.