Friday, June 23, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #685 - CAS Week

The characteristic with CAS [to me] is lots of white space; period.  There are many different "rules", but I'm sticking with mine.  Unless its a specific challenge [with many rules], to me, it's perspective.

I have been organizing my dies [oyie vey do I have a ton of dies!] - I came across this fun one from Simon Says; Hibiscus Framed Wafer Die.  This has so many potential ways to use it, but for today, I inlaid the petals for the flower and leaf from a water colored panel in my stash. 

The sentiment is also from SS - [retired of course].  Overall, I am liking this card!

Your turn!  Come on over to JUGS #685 Challenge and play along! 



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

15 comments:

Leslie said...

This is so pretty! Loving the inked panel backing under the flower die cut!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... perfect use of your stash! I am working on organizing my dies as well... it is so hard getting organized!

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, I'm loving your view of CAS and WOW is this die ever gorgeous! Especially backed with this delicious water colored panel... can't wait to play!
=]

Nancy said...

This is so cool! I bet you are having fun discovery dies you forgot you had! Awesome card!

Carol said...

I always love inlaid designs and this one did not disappoint!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a beautiful card design! Great die cut design!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow your die is gorgeous over that watercolor panel! What a nice die to find in the stash!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is amazing! Love that you used a piece of watercolor paper from your stash, it makes for a beautiful flower.

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is a beauty. I love the water colored panel behind the flower die cut. They were meant to go together!

cm said...

All the white space really makes your watercolour hibiscus 'pop'! CAS perfection in my books!
hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of white with lots of pretty! Love this Vicki!

Bobby said...

How nice that you had a panel done that fit perfectly with that hibiscus die, Vicki. Beautiful card.

TK said...

Wow! Really gorgeous inlaid pieces, love the inks and the fact that you found this wonderful die! I really love the die but the inlaying is perfect for it

Ina G said...

What a perfect panel you found Vicki. Makes for a stunning bold flower. Love the die!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! I love that background.