Sunday, October 2, 2022

A Couple More Challenges

I once again got a couple of emails with challenges - well of course I wanted to join in!

Let's start with Inkspirational #275; stencils.

I used the [super fun] Newton's Nook Argyle Stencil Set for my background.  I do love this layered stencil!  It works perfectly for Christmas cards.

------------------------------------------------------

I went on to join in the Color Hues Challenge #50; Purple & Orange.

I water colored some background squares, and then I used the Simon Says Fab Flower Die to cut out a few flowers.  These colors give off such a retro vibe, and flowers help. :)

I used the retired MFT Emmit Letters for the HB.  An appropriate card for my friends - we grew up with retro! :)

Thanks Challenges - I had another fun day~


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. Thanks for the support!

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is a great stencil, and it looks like it would be very versatile even after the holiday season. Love your lovely layered purple flowers and the two-toned sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Leslie said...

Both of these are very cool! Love the stencils!

Pia S said...

I love the patterned background for this little Santa. With your choice of colors the pattern definitely looks festive and beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the fun stenciled Christmas card and your Color Hues entry is so fun! Pretty flowers and your water coloured squares are a perfect backdrop! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are both great designs! I love the argyle stenciled background on the first card. It certainly works for Christmas.

Dora said...

Beautiful style

Nancy said...

This is so cool, Vicki! Such a creative card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues!

cm said...

Two delights, Vicki! I'm especially smitten with your purple & orange retro birthday card; definitely cool! Thrilled to see you over at Colour Hues!
hugs~c