Thursday, July 21, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #621 & Arty Divas - July

I ended up taking yesterday off.  Too many hours in my stamp room and I feel like a hermit!  I did get out of the house and do some shopping...yep, in the 110° heat!  It was brutal, but good to get out.

Anyway, Krafty Chicks Challenge #621 is spot on with my current run; CAS card.

I used a couple of unbranded dies, along with the [retired] Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Holiday Tree set.  I like these little trees. I inked up the trees and then spritzed with water for a faux water color.

Makes for a fun clean & simple Christmas card.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum - mixed media.  [Sometimes, it's just fun to get messy]. I got an email for the Arty Divas July Challenge; Anything Goes.  I jumped over to You Tube and watched a video by Susanne Rose Art making your own collage papers. [She is rather awesome with her creations!] I had all the supplies, so I got to work. Once my papers were done and dried, I started ripping and laying.

Oh my gosh!  I totally loved making this tag!  [I also am really happy with the choice of colors].  I did some random stamping on the background and actually did use the circle impressions cover plate for some texture - you just can't see it.

I used some more [unbranded] dies, using white for a shadow [to show up better] and the HB is from  [retired] Altenew Super Script.

Okay, that's it for today!  I'm thinking I might be taking the week end off.  Now, just to find something to do.  Any suggestions?



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. Thanks for the support!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two incredible designs, Vicki! I like the layers and textures on both!

Trina P. said...

Both cards are beautiful. I’m usually drawn to CAS cards, but your MM one is a standout!

Leslie said...

Wow, these are great! LOVE the tag - those colors are amazing!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow Vicki, love that Christmas card! That is such a neat background die, and even with all the details it still has such a CAS look. Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks!

*Vicki* said...

I'm loving the concept of your Christmas design! Your tag turned out awesome too with your layered floral die!

Anita said...

Awesome creations, and gorgeous color combos! I also love the fact that you made those collage papers.