Friday, June 10, 2022

Good Day of Challenges!

There are some fun challenges out here in blogland!  I joined in a few (more) today.

The first one is Peace on Earth #17 - be inspired by their mood board or a Christmas card, along with Krafty Chicks Challenge #615; Christmas.

I was loosely inspired by the 3rd photo.  I simply cut a few circles, sponged on color, added a topping with some gold thread, and lastly added a sentiment.  


Oh yeah, I did add some white splatters too.

--------------------------------------------------

I went on to play in Freshly Made Sketches #529.

 

I'm hoping I got this close [enough].  Maybe not, but I was still inspired by the sketch.

I used some Verve products, and a few of the Tim Holtz Big Holiday Green Thinlits, a Hero Hearts Nesting Die, and some pearls to finish off the card.

That's it for the challenges today.  Thanks Challenges - I had fun as usual.

-------------------------------------------

This last card is a trial for me. I have to say I am thrilled with the end result!  While this card took me about 2 hours to make, it was worth it!  I'm sure my friend will like it too.

I went to PNGWING [I found this via a FB post], and downloaded this beautiful image twice.  I used one for the base on the card, and used some dies to cut the other one.  Using the "cut" template, I was able to line up the images perfectly!

Very happy with this end result!

Have a good week-end.  I'll be in my stamp room since they are forecasting 111°+, and I don't go outside with temps like that!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Vicki, each one of these is as amazing as the next!

Leslie said...

This is gorgeous! I call it phantom die cutting - not sure if there's a more technical name for it but it's definitely a fun technique! And I did not get notified about this post either from Follow.It so I'll be watching to see how many more I miss. They are truly the worst blog-following app out there and I wish people didn't use them. Yours is not the only one I've had issues with. UGH.

Helen said...

Vici, your takes on these challenges are amazing. You've got my creative juices flowing with these designs. Good luck with the challenges. tfs-stay well.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card designs and all are so well designed.

Lyn said...

Love your take on these challenges but especially love those big Christmas baubles <3

Jen Timko said...

All so fabulous! I love your take on the sketch and all the details in white with that pop of blue. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

These are all fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Darlene said...

Oh Vic ... your cards are all just beautiful and I love the card you made for our challenge ... just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS