Tuesday, April 19, 2022

CAS-ual Fridays Day


It's time for a CAS-ual Friday's Day here on my blog.

 
For my card today, I used a technique first introduced by Yana Smakula, and then, by Jennifer McGuire.  I have tried this technique in the past, and really liked it.  JM just reminded me of it!

Bold Background Coloring.  I started by stamping the images from the Flower Duo Stamp Set, and then sponging/blending on colors over the top.  Once that was done, I filled in the background with a Black Copic.

I love how the sponged images pop against the bold background.  I went on to cut out the Friend from the Sweet Friend Dies.  Because this die does not have a "background", I used my Scan & Cut to make one.  This worked rather well [I think].  I added a sentiment from the same stamp set, layered it 3 times, and adhered it to my card.  Yep, I think my friend is going to love this card.

Have you tried this technique?  It's really easy, and does end up with a lovely end result!

I'll see you next month with another CFS Day.  Meanwhile, don't forget, you can use my code to save 15% off your purchase, and that does include the Sale items!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

2 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I love this entire panel of flowers that just POP out!! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

This is striking!