Wednesday, January 5, 2022

My First 2022 Challenges

I am trying to build my blog Followers [and comments], so for exposure, my 2022 goal is to join in more challenges offered out here in blogland.  

Today I am starting with The Global Design Project #324; CASE the Designer.  I was totally inspired by the background that was used on Connie's card.  Here is her card;

 

Here is my take;

I just love the background wonky strips.  I know, basic, but I just loved that!  This masculine Valentine card will be perfect for my husband.

I would tell you products used, but I have no idea.  I often ask myself why did I throw away the manufacturer labels.... live and learn [the hard way].  I now keep the labels. 

------------------------------------------------------

I went on to join in The Card Concept Challenge #166, and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Something New.

I got the colors, but since I added green, this card might not count.  That's okay, I still like the card.

For this card, I used Altenew's Beautiful Heart Stamp Set.  I do love the layered stamping. This set does have matching dies, however, I don't have them, so I used my Scan & Cut. Fussy cutting and me - not so much.

The sentiment is a new stamp set from Poppy Stamps, Art Deco Birthday Greetings.  I adore the font of this stamp set.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The wonky strips of newsprint in the background are so much fun! Terrific card, Vicki! Now about that gorgeous birthday bloom ~ swoon!

Hannelie said...

Two beautiful cards Vicki !

Leslie said...

Fantastic cards! The wonky strip background is awesome!

Eve N said...

Really like the newsprint card, with the great mixed details. So many valentine/love cards are too frilly for a man, but this design could be sent to anyone!

*Vicki* said...

Beautiful take on the GDP challenge as I love the hearts! The big flower is a wowza too!! Nicely done!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO awesome, Vicki. I love the design SO much. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at The Card Concept and please stop by again soon. I really enjoy your crafting style, and you inspire me. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT Member
The Card Concept Challenge
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Julie Gearinger said...

Love both cards! The stripes are the perfect background for that beautiful pink floral- thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept! Hugs and Happy New Year!

Christine said...

This is lovely, Vicki! The soft pink flower is absolutely gorgeous, and I hope green leaves are not a disqualifying factor, because I used them, too. I enjoyed seeing your pretty card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, I love both cards! I love the bold black striped background. The beautiful flower just pops!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!
Hugs!