Thursday, August 5, 2021

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Stripes

It's my choice for the twist.  You all know me, I do love me some stripes. ;)

This time, rather then being obvious, I used subtle stripes, and then cut out the framing.  Worked for me.

And, since I had a Heartfelt Creations stamp set [Oakberry Lane Blossoms and matching dies] sitting on my desk, I went ahead and used the fun flowers and leaves.  Most of my friends enjoy flowers, so this card will work for almost any girlfriend.

Your turn!  I hope you play in the challenge at Seize the Birthday Challenge.  While using stripes is optional, being a birthday card is not.  See ya~



Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your card with the subtle stripes and pretty flowers. I had fun with your great choice for the "topping" this time.

JoAnn said...

Thanks for the great choice for our "topping" Vicki. I love your card with the subtle stripes and pretty flowers.

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous Vicki! The flowers really pop off your design and I love your colors!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful colors and design.

Leslie said...

VERY nice card, Vicki! I love the stripes, too!

Barbara said...

I had a lot of fun just looking at all of the different stripes that the team did for this challenge. I love your card. Looks like you put a lot of though into it. It is so cool!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! You've layered everything together perfectly. PRETTY card!

Glenda J said...

Thanks for the fabulous challenge! Terrific striped frame.

Lindsey said...

Love the fun and funky striped from for the beautiful flowers!

Nancy said...

Love your card and that frame is fabulous! Great topping too! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shirley-Anne said...

Thank you Vicki for leaving kind comment on my blog . Thank you also for sharing your inspirational sample card and its clever design.

Cathy said...

Lots of fabulous stripey inspiration this round! Love the striped frame and those gorgeous flowers, pretty colours too, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

Love, love your take on stripes, Vicki!

TaeEun said...

Oh! I love the tilted frame with fun stripes in different directions! What a great accent for your CAS card!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a great looking frame! I love the how the stripes are placed in different directions. Of course, the color as well! Neat card!