Saturday, June 5, 2021

Addicted to CAS Challenge #199 - Beach

It is always my pleasure to make beach cards!  It's my way of actually seeing a beach since we have none in Arizona.  That said, my card today portrays a beach.

I went to Pinterest to get some inspiration and found a garbage can that worked perfectly~

I started by wood planking a card panel - scoring and direct-to-paper swiping ink for the wood effect.

I die cut the shells, dug out some "netting" from my stash, and stamped a sentiment after adhering the panel to the card base.  I do rather love this themed card :).

Your turn - come on over to Addicted to CAS Challenge and play along!  How do you see beach for your card?



Thanks for stopping by~

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the texture behind those terrific shells! This is marvelous!

Leslie said...

Love, love, love! Very awesome wood background, and your shells look real!

Barb Ghig said...

Your wood planking is AWESOME, Vicki...it's such a great technique for a nautical card! I also love how you placed the netting behind the seashells...Fabulous take on the code word!

Nancy said...

Your planks are *amazing*.... I am impressed! Great card!

Fran Wing said...

I love all of the elements of your "Beach" card! Very clever approach and the shells are beautiful. xoxo Fran