Saturday, December 19, 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Day

It's my last 2020 individual post for CAS-ual Fridays.  [However, I did accept Michele's offer to stay on another year!]  That said, there will be a fabulous New Release at month end! [You are going to love it!  I know I do]

As stated, my Christmas cards were completed a couple of weeks ago.  Now, I am focusing on birthday cards.  My goal [once again] is to get them sent out on time for 2021.  I have the birthdays listed by month on a clipboard.  The first of the month, I will complete the card, address it, and have it ready to go.  It really can not be that hard to walk to the mailbox! [apparently for me it is! lol]

Meanwhile, for today's card I used Natasha Foote's video on Adding Color to Black Cardstock. I liked the look, and it was fairly easy to accomplish.

Using the Modern Petals Stencil, I sponged on some white ink.  I tried to apply the ink with blending brushes AND ink sponges - neither worked.  I went and searched for [and found] the same make up foams that Natasha used, and they worked perfectly!  I was able to get a nice even coverage of the ink.  Once the white ink was dried, I moved the stencil just a bit, and sponged on some Catherine Pooler Ink in green and blue.  I like the shadow effect, and the way it shows up on the black.

I went on to stamp the Wish Big sentiment from Bold Wishes, and then stamped, colored, and cut out the flowers from Mon Ami stamp set, and matching Mon Ami Fleur dies.  A few sequins were added, and this card is ready for my stash. 😀
 

 


That's it for me today.  Like I said earlier, the Team will be back on December 31st for the start of the new, fun release!
 
Meanwhile, remember, if you use my code, you can save 15% off your purchase [which also includes the Clearance Section!]
 




Thanks for stopping by~

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What an incredible background you've created! This is beautiful Vicki!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the colors.

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! That's a great technique - and another one I've never tried but is on my 'try it' list! Thanks for the inspiration!