Wednesday, September 16, 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Day

This month I will only have 1 CFS Day.  However, there will be a fabulous release at the end of the month!  So, you can look forward to that :).

Meanwhile, I actually "saw" my idea for today's card!  [By that I mean in my mind - that doesn't happen often, and when it does I am thrilled. Usually, I need to physically see to be inspired].

I am starting with my Christmas cards.  We all know how fast time flies, and I don't want the "pressure" to get my cards completed.  I bet you can relate, right?

 I really am happy with this card!  I started out by stamping the snowflakes from Bring on the Snowflakes with versamark ink, and using the [now in the store!] WOW Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Powder, I heat embossed the images on a card panel.  Then using a shade darker ink, I stamped the snowflakes from Merry.  I then cut out the framing, and turned it into a shaker card!

See the tiny snowflakes within the shaker stuff? Those are the Jacks Chipboards that I embossed with the Opaque Bright White Superfine  Embossing Powder.  A fun addition to the sequins I also added.  Once all that was put together, I die cut the Merry Christmas Fri-Die 3 times - once in black for shading, and embossed with the WOW Metallic Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder.  I also used one of the larger Jacks, and also embossed that with the same powder.  I am also entering this into the new Color Hues Challenge #2; Navy & Turquoise.  Hopefully the silver is considered neutral. ;) 





While I won't be mass producing this card, it will go to a special person :).  How about you?  Have you started your Christmas cards yet?

Don't forget, if you use my code below, you can save 15% off your CFS purchase! 




Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

Helen said...

What a fabulous Christmas card, Vicki. Especially like the color combo you've used for this...the heat embossing adds such a special touch. tfs-stay well.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the shaker element and all the silver! Thanks for joining us for the Colour Hues Challenge!

Becca Cruger said...

It's so fun when the muse hits you and inspiration strikes! And strike it did! What a gorgeous glimmery confection.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful and I love the shimmer.

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Beautiful colours.b

cm said...

Such a pretty card, Vicki! Sequins, shakers, shimmer, sparkle AND snowflakes = one festive combination! Thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery!
hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of the fancy sparkle and shimmer, fabulous card!

Leslie said...

Just beautiful! I love it when designs I 'see' actually turn out the way they looked in my head but that doesn't always happen, lol! Love your colors and the snowflakes! And, of course, shakers are always fun!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lyn said...

Bling bling I am loving this Christmas card very much, love the touch of silver added..........Perfect