Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Favorite Things Summer School



I have completed all my DT creations for this month, and found myself with time. [Thanks COVID - not!]  When I got the email about the school, I figured I would play along....  I'm starting a day late, so I have 2 days in this post.


The first day is all about the visual triangles on your card.  I ended up with a lot of them :).

I used a retired MFT set [that I had won a couple of years ago]; Blooming Roses.  I do like dual stamping - thank heavens for my MISTI though.  I wouldn't of been able to get these lined up at all without that tool.  The sentiment is from another MFT retired set, Grand Greetings.

As you can see, sequins, flowers, leaves, all have the visual triangle.  Works perfectly for me - I like this card.

 
For Day 2, it is all about rainbows.  A total trend right now in social media. 
(Can anyone say Laura Bassen?)

For this card, I started out by making a rainbow sponged background panel.  (I just received some Catherine Pooler inks and had to try them out.  WOW - amaz.ing. inks.  Very wet, so a light tap is all that was needed, and you get a solid stamp, plus, they blended beautifully! I get so use to dual stamping for an image to be solid, that these inks impressed me!)  Meanwhile, I used another retired MFT set, Party Balloons.

I cut the HB out with my Scan & Cut.  I would rather it had been framed around the HB and a solid cut, but I don't know how to do that with my machine.  Anyone know? I would love for you to share that "how to" with me.

Hopefully I'll be back to finish this school.  I have some stuff going on that I might not have time.  I hope I do, as these classes are fun!


Thanks for stopping by~

2 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a fun and festive looking card...love all the rainbow colours mf.
Hope you are having a good summer.
xx Karen

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty roses and I like your rainbow background! Two marvelous cards Vicki!