Friday, April 17, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #532 - Color Week


I must say, I rather struggled with these colors.  That said, it is a challenge so I persevered.

 While I did use the colors, it is hard to tell..  I inked up an embossing folder on one side with brown, and ran it through my cutter.  After washing off the folder, I inked up the other side with rust, and ran that though my cutter.  I was hoping the letterpress technique would line up the colors, but no such luck.  As you can see, it just made a crazy background. lol

I sponged on navy over the top leaving the center lighter, cut a [3 layer] flower [Memory Box Lovely Peony Outline] in rust and glued it over the center.  Finally, I added a sticker [STAMPlorations Good Things], and my card was complete.  While I am not thrilled with this card, it works.  Can't like them all I guess. :)

Your turn.  I can't wait to see how you use these colors!  Pop on over to the JUGS Challenge and play along!


Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That looks cool! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

I think your background turned out very artsy and kinda cool!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic design...love the colors.

Nancy said...

Love that background!!!! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us yesterday it was great to see you!

Ina G said...

I love that crazy background Vicki. Like how you left the centre lighter so we can see that die cut and sentiment clearly.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I like the way your background turned out in a crazy kind of way! Seems perfect with all the craziness during this pandemic. I love the big die cut bloom and the sentiment. Great inking on that background, too.

Bobby said...

I'll make it unanimous. I like the background too, Vicki.