Friday, March 13, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #527 - Trend Week


Not sure if I cheated, but I went with a black card base, which in turn makes a black background. I did use a Simon Says stamp Grid Background [retired], and black embossed that.  So yeah, I got the challenge covered :).  I was going to go with a brightly colored flower bouquet, but I saw this cup from STAMPlorations [retired] and decided to go coffee instead.

 I do love this big ole cup!

I used a sticker from STAMPlorations Coffee Heaven Stickers.  I adore these stickers.  Makes it so easy to add a lovely fonted sentiment on my cards.

That's mine for today.  Come on over to the JUGS Challenge and play along!  Can't wait to see how you use  a black background.


Thanks for stopping by~

8 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Not cheating at all to use a black card base Vicki! I love the embossed grid background and the coffee cup with its fabulous sentiment (a sticker? Where can I get those!!!) and little pop of colour looks amazing against it. Vicky x

Nancy said...

Nope, Not cheating at all! I did the same! This is a great card for you and for me! LOL

Lisa Elton said...

I like your background, looks legal to me!!

Ina G said...

WOW! does this card just send you to your coffee machine! I can smell it brewing. Love the embossed background on your 'black' paper.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your black embossing on the black background! Great choice using that coffee cup and I like how you colored the one flower, too.

Maria said...

Love that grid background and of course that wonderful coffee cup is awesome! Nicely done!

Bobby said...

I love the embossed grid on your black card base, Vicki. Your large cup of coffee looks right at home one it.

cm said...

Your grid background is perfect for your coffee cup! Love the pops of colour!
hugs~c