Saturday, June 22, 2019

Addicted to CAS #162

I'm the Hostess of this challenge.  The month of June is such a popular month for weddings I thought this word would be appropriate.

I've had this die forever, and thought it would work beautifully for a wedding card.  I cut out the congratulations in glitter paper.  The final elegant touch are a few gold sequins and added pearls.

Now it's your turn.  Come on over and play in the Addicted to CAS Challenge; wedding.
-------------------------------
I wanted to try to use the tiny pieces left over from this die.  I sponged on color, and used some press n seal to transfer the pieces.  While I didn't get all of them [they were really tiny!], I still think it turned out okay.  I do really like the effect of the sponging.

The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays Breathe stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are both so beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Vicki! I love how you were able to create with the positive and negative pieces of your die! Beautiful sparkly gold sentiment on the first card and I love the effects of your sponging on your 2nd card!
Thanks for the great code word :)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty and elegant!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That lace die cut is so gorgeous. Lace and gold - always perfect for a wedding! I just love the second card you created with the negative cuts. The sponged negative cuts create a wonderful design and a completely different card. Brilliant idea.

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... love both cards! What a wonderful die to have hidden in your stash! Thank you so much for the invite to GD this week... great fun as always!

Bobby said...

That die is reminiscent of the lace on a bridal gown, Vicki. I love how you used the leftover pieces.