Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Dare 2B Artzy Day

It's Dare 2B Artzy day here on my blog [and over on the D2BA blog too].  Today I have a tutorial using the Joseph Coat Technique. 

Here is the finished card:




Here is my tutorial is for the background:

Step one; gather supplies; ink colors you want, along with a glossy paper panel.



Step 2 - ink up the glossy card stock.  [No need to blend perfectly]


Step 3 - once inked, using Versamark ink, stamp the image over the panel, and emboss with clear embossing powder.



Step 4 Final Step - using black ink, sponge over the entire panel.  Take a rag, and wipe off the panel, [which will remove any ink on the embossed images]. 

Cool effect right?  So many possibilities with this technique!

Here is the final card again;
 
To finish off the card, I gold embossed the poinsettia image, and sponged with a couple of the same inks as the background. Using the smaller die, I cut out the center portion, and adhered it with dimension tape.  I added a sentiment on vellum, and my card is finished.


Try this technique, it is really fun to do!



Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Lucy E. said...

This is a gorgeous card!
I love that background.

Lisa Elton said...

You, my friend, make THE coolest artsy cards!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning!

Helen said...

Great card, Vicki. Thanks for sharing it and this wonderful technique for the background--love it.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

So much to look at- just lovely!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and a great reminder of how lovely the Joseph's Coat looks. I have not done that in ages.