Thursday, January 18, 2018

Seize the Birthday Challenge

The option for this challenge for the next 2 weeks is One Layer.

I love making 1 layer cards, the best part, they mail perfectly! ;)

I used a retired set from Inspired By Stamping; Paris.  It was always one of my favorite sets.  I know just the person who will receive this card too! :)

A hint for making the perfect one layer card is the Rule of Thirds.  
 I made this vellum template to lay on the top of my card to help with the stamp placement.  By using any parts of this template, your card will be balanced.  Upper left or right intersection - lower left or right intersection -  center square -- you get the idea.  This free tool [make one for yourself] is amazing, and has saved my card bases by having correct placement, rather then trying to eye it.
Your turn.  Make that 1 layer card, and upload it over at the Seize the Birthday blog.  



Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

Cheri said...

Absolutely perfect one layer card. Great tool for the rule of thirds too, thanks for sharing it.

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, Vicki! I love how you managed to layer the images up, all on one layer! Yes, the rule of thirds rules, too!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a perfect, and very pretty, CAS card!

nancy littrell said...

Such a clever vellum template for easy and correct placement for your CAS card designs. TFS Vicki.
I love your CAS One Layer design. Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that great tip! And I know it works, since your card is just so awesome! Love the addition of the little red heart too! :)
hugs, Ashwini

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Super card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic CAS design. I love the pop of red.

Helen said...

Vicki, thanks for the placement 1/3 rule. I know and use it, but your grid idea makes this so much easier!

JoAnn said...

Great card Vicki. Love the images you used. Thanks for the grid tip.

shirley-bee said...

CAS perfection, one-layer perfection.

Nancy said...

Your template was a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing it with us and your terrific card!

Glenda J said...

Love this travel themed CAS card. Well done.

Barbara said...

First, I love this CAS card. It is a beauty! Then, Thanks so much for the tip. I am going to use that one for sure.

Sheila H said...

You have worked the rule of thirds to perfection, Vicki. This is a lovely CAS design.

Lindsey said...

This is one layer CAS perfection! And thank you for sharing your secret... I just guesstimate it, which may say something about my less-successful cards. ;)