Monday, June 2, 2014

SCS Color Challenge #CC481

This week, Becky chose Strawberry Slush, Smokey Slate and So Saffron, with a dessert of twine.

Now I am sure my teammates over at SCS will have beautiful and gorgeous flowered cards.  Me on the other hand, I think these colores work for a masculine card. Since I usually need those more, it works for me.  I used STAMPlorations, Happy.  [I think this is one of my most favorite sets yet!]  I water colored [with acrylic block] my back panel.  And, did you notice? I actually remembered the dessert.  Yay for me. :)  I used the sketch from over at Retro Sketches #117.

Come on over to SCS Color Challenge #CC481 and check it out!  We would love you to play along.


Thanks for stopping by~

5 comments:

Julia said...

Love the way you used the colors with that background. The layer of vellum was such a great idea.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh I like this one a lot- it is such a happy looking card and would be perfect masculine or feminine card!

Petra Swart said...

This is really beautiful, Vicki!!! Love everything about it!!!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the water colored background and the way you used the happy at an angle. Such a great take on the sketch.

Shery Russ said...

That background is beautiful!! Love how you layered everything together - and yup, great masculine card. (I'm going to have to look at all your masculine cards and learn from you because I need to make at least one every week starting this week!)