Thursday, June 21, 2012

For Your Inspiration and Stamp School

Ya know, at times I wish I had a different blog company -- one that lets you send out 2 separate posts so my Teams get their full recognition.  On the other hand, I am not willing to pay for that option. [in other words,  I would rather spend that money on my supplies :)]  So, today [once again] I am showcasing 2 Teams.

It's that time again for For Your Inspiration.  Wow does Steph know how to pick these beautiful photographs or what!


















Looking at this I instantly thought of white on white.  I almost accomplished it.


I just need another color - I just can't do white on white.  I picked up on the bridge color, and added the gray,  I used  GKD Stately Flowers 2 on both the flower and sentiment.  Stamping my vellum flower with white embossing powder [I do love this effect] and using pop up dots in between the cut layers for dimension.  My chevron stamp is from SP & Company Chevron Chase.

Do you like the inspiration photo?  See the card [in your mind] you want to make?  Well pop on over to FYI and play along! Be sure and check out the DT member's samples -- can you say gorgeous? :)




My next card today is using Stamp School's newest release, Wedded Bliss and Down the Aisle.  These 2 sets really are perfect for a wedding, shower or anniversary!  It's so nice they are compatible.


I actually used gold embossing powder on this card.  I honestly can't tell you the last time I used ep.  [With a ceiling fan it goes everywhere~ :)]  This wedding card just called for the added elegance embossing powder gives to a card.

I would say pop on over to Stamp School blog, but really, there is no reason to.  You see my card here, and there isn't anything else I did over on the SS Blog.  See how easy I am? :)

Thanks for stopping by~




9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

both cards are awesome!!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are lovely! I ADORE the first card...SO elegant!!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Beautiful cards Vicki!

Marisa said...

Loving that vellum flower, Vicki, and nice touch with the chevrons.

dstandard said...

Both your cards are fabulous - going to have to try that with the vellum and embossing - love how it turned out!

Sara Mac said...

Love both of these cards Vicki. I love the look of the embossing on vellum. I haven't done that in ages.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, yes, that white EP on vellum is gorgeous! Beautiful take on the inspiration pic at FYI.

I like the gold embossed frame on the second one...you just kept that heat tool very handy today, didn't you? ;)

Michelle said...

Vicki, your FYI card is pure elegance! I adore your beautiful flower! Wow!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Great cards! I have to try that embossing on vellum, yours is gorgeous!
We're hitting heat in the high nineties, don't know how you all handle the heat down there...melting here LOL