Sunday, August 15, 2010

Featured Stamper and Something New

The Featured Stamper today was Kathy.  She has an awesome gallery - so much so I did 2 cards!  I used Innovative Stamp Creations Nature Silhouettes II on both cards. [SideNote:  I was trying out to be on the Design Team~~ I semi made it -- Betsy the owner/ creator of these fabulous stamps, has told me she will use me as an on-call person.  This is perfect!  I am finding time running out and the fun gets taken away when you try to do to many "assigned" cards.  I need to get back to more detailed cards - CAS is fun, but I find I am not challenging myself enough for lack of time.] -























This first card, I also used SU Floral background stamp.  I tried the Linen Technique - didn't really work with this stamp, but I will try it again..eventually.  I also tried a new scrunch flower method - I used dp - you spray it with water - scrunch it - open it - let dry.  Forms into a stiff flower - kind of cool actually.  But, there again, it won't mail ~~  They are fun to make though.
























For this 2nd card, I was drawn to Kathy's image and her ribbon - love both  of these.   I used the ISC image - which is the closest I have [to Kathy's] but I left the original ribbon.  I adore this black striped ribbon.
Just a couple of fun CASE cards today.

Now, the something NEW - What do you all think of my new SELF CREATED watermark?  Which one do you like better - left is clean and the right one has my initials.  I used that one today, but I am not sure about it.  All else fails - ask my followers!!












I have been debating paying for a watermark - but, you know there are so MANY helpful sites in cyberland that I turned there instead.  Kind of a personal challenge - make it myself.  Obviously, I figured it out - and actually, once I did I was beating myself up FOR NOT DOING IT SOONER!!  It's really easy.  If you are interested in making one for yourself, feel free to leave a comment to let me know - If there is enough interest I might attempt a tutorial (now that would be a challenge) here on my little blog.
That's it for today~~ thanks so much for stopping by and commenting - I do love to hear from you!
 
 ps - if you haven't signed up for my blog candy yet, check out the picture on the right sidebar!




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful cards.....

Marisa said...

Love the first Card!!! Gorgeous!! Great flower image and use of the striped ribbon in the second.

Great job on your WM! It is a lot easier than it looks, isn't it. Any sites you can recommend? I just LOVE that script you used for your name. Can you please let me know where you got it from as I want to use it for my new WM as it is so soft and flowing. Many thanks :D

Donna Baker said...

both your cards are lovely! I am so bummed I missed you being last week's fs! ugh late congratulations to you! btw I like both of the watermarks but tend to like clean & simple so I vote for the one on the left. great job!

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous.

True :D said...

Both cards are beautiful Vicki! I LOVE that scrunched flower!
Congrats on the watermark creations!
My fave is the clean and simple. ;)
Hugs,
True :D

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Vicky, and I LOVE your watermark!! My favorite is the one on the right with your initials behind it. I am definitely interested in learning how to do my own watermark and would appreciate a tutorial if you do one.
Also, congrats on being last week's Featured Stamper! I was out of town that weekend, but I will try and get a case done in your honor.

Lagene said...

Love your cards! I prefer your first watermark!

PatS said...

Love you first card, so elegant. Yes I would be interested in the WM tutorial. I read one somewhere but misplaced it and now I can't find it. Your blog candy looks yummy!

craftieodmae said...

both are as gorgeous as ever but man that first one is a jaw dropper for sure!

craftieodmae said...

oops, forgot, I vote for the one on the left!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! Love the watermark without the bold initials, which made it more difficult to read. Since we tried for hours together trying to figure out an easy way to make a watermark, I'd sure appreciate your expertise in making one.

Robbie said...

As usual, Vicki, your cards are sooo pretty!! I love your watermarks and would DEFINITELY be interested in learning how you made them. I prefer the one on the left because it is easier to read and doesn't take away from the object you are placing it on.

Wanda Cullen said...

Your watermark is lovely, Vicki, and I would be interested in learning how to create my own. I've only bought them from one other source, but would love to make my own.

Gloria Westerman said...

All of these are gorgeous....you are so talented......my vote would be just your name.....I believe the other one is a little hard to read.....and YES....I would love to know how you did it.....

Mary Marsh said...

these are such pretty cards vicki-love the wm with your initials in it-I was trying to create one myself just today then I read your post-would like a tut on how to do it-I wasnt successful

Bonnie McLain said...

Wow Vicki... now these are some REALLY GREAT cards... love them... I think they are both wonderful... love the top one the best... very nice choice of stamps, colors and ribbon... very elegant.
I would love a nice tutorial on watermarking... I have tried it too with no luck... let me know when you do it.. I am so far behind I feel like I am first again... not funny... Thanks for all your comments and sharing...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! I know exactly what you mean about not taking a lot of time with each card when you have to 'churn' them out (so to speak!!)

I'd LOVE to have a tutorial on making a watermark - I found one on a blog but it doesn't quite work -so I must be doing something wrong - it's done on a video using adobe photoshop - which I have - but he's clicking and clicking and I can't write it all down fast enough!!

seamom said...

I vote for the one on the left, the one without your initials.

Joanne Travis said...

Wow!! Both cards are gorgeous and a wonderful tribute to Kathy!. Gorgeous work, Vicki.