Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stampin B's #61 - Masculine Card

This is my week for the challenge and I challenge you to make a masculine card.  Now, with Father's Day around the corner - how EASY is this challenge?  My card is for my son to give to his dad.  [Unfortunately, my dad and fil passed away a few years ago]   I used the Emerging Color technique - it is kind of cool and naturally, it was fun [I wouldn't advise it if I didn't enjoy doing it~~]  I dug in my stamps and pulled out SU Aged to Perfection - the images are perfect for a masculine card.  The charm and the black stamped fireflies (Whispering Wings) are from Mark's Finest Papers.  Hope to see you over at the Stampin Bs'!!.  Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW Vicki, you have out done your self, this is breath taking!!!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful technique and card! This is amazing!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Vicki, this card is just wonderful! I love the dragonflies, and the aged to perfection is one I should have used on Father's Day cards too...thanks for the reminder!!

Bonnie McLain said...

Great showcased of cards Vicki.. I love them all.. the baby oil is a fun trick... does yours run a little... maybe because I bought the really cheap one my does... have to try it again.. but your card is really lovely... love it.. and the CAS.. wow... I have a very difficult time with them.. but it seems to really be your thing ...

But then... look at this masculine card... far from CAS.. and really dynamically done.. great job.. love the dragonfly on there... All fantastic cards... Walk Proud!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great fd card vicki-love all the details on the card-

Joanne Travis said...

How wonderful this is! I love the muted shades of these two colors together. Really beautiful, Vicki.

Joanne Travis said...

How wonderful this is! I love the muted shades of these two colors together. Really beautiful, Vicki.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the vintage feel to this, the emerging colours are wonderful, and great to have the step up to the panels in the contrasting colour!

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful colors and design, Vicki! LOVE the masculine feel and distressing! Totally shabby chic!

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful colors and design, Vicki! LOVE the masculine feel and distressing! Totally shabby chic!